Please note that in no way is Help Desk Cavalry providing legal information or counseling in this article. The content below is offered for your information only and any concerns or questions about complying with current laws should be directed to a legal professional.
7 TIPS TO MAKE SURE YOU STAY THE COMPLIANCE PATH
- Updates to the official policy must happen if there are any changes to:
- Data procurement – How you get the data
- Storage – How you store the data
- Security – What the security policies and measures around your data are
- Sharing – How and when you share the data
- Customer rights – What access and recourse your customers have regarding their data
- Notification of policy changes must be issued in writing to your customers. This can be a simple pop-up on the website or a customer-wide email informing them of the specific locations in the policy where the changes were made and what they changes were.
CUT LABOR COSTS BY DOING IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME